CAPTURE PRESENTATIONS AND WEBCAST TO A LEARNING PLATFORM
Want to know more ?
A distributed architecture
The Campus consists of 3 elements:
- lightweight recording units – or Campus recorder
- a central editing workstation – or Campus Central
- a web interface for remote management - Campus Manager
An ideal solution to industrialise Rich Media production
1. Presenter tracking
Over 60% of communication is non verbal – hence the importance of seeing the speaker within the recording of a presentation. UbiCast has developed an award winning software-based tracking technology:
- It frames a moving presenter – within a fixed, high resolution video – using upper body detection
- It offers smooth tracking for a great viewing experience
- It can be corrected and manually overridden
- Autonomously create dynamic and engaging content
2. Dynamic video production
With TED talks, Google and Apple keynotes and other high production events, online viewers have become used to engaging content. However, you may not have a production crew at each of your presentations.
The Campus thus uses production rules to automatically display the most relevant information:
- When a new slide is shown, it is displayed fullscreen for a few seconds
- When the presentation material contains video, it is shown in fullscreen
- When the presenter stays on the same slide for a few minutes, he/she is shown fullscreen
3. Keyword search
A key difference between Rich Media and standard video is the ability to navigate content by Search. The Studio automatically extracts all the words within slides (using Optical Character Recognition, or OCR).
- Word extraction accuracy is around 90%
- Viewers can search for specific terms within long presentations
- Works regardless of the presentation material (PowerPoint, PDFs, Keynote, etc.)
- Multilingual support
For minimum hassle for teachers and administrators
An entire Campus deployment can be managed by limited staff.
- Remotely preview, control and update Campus recorders
- Receive pro-active fleet-wide alerts
- Edit content on the Campus Central
Plan in advance
Integrate with room scheduling systems for fully automated capture.
- Synchronise recording calendars with Syllabus+
- Also schedule updates and maintenance operations
- APIs provided for extensive scheduling systems support